The Course Content discussed during this five day work shop by Prof. S. Sudarshan Department of Computer Science, IIT Bombay are as follows:
1. Overview of data management systems. Relational model and query languages (relational algebra and calculus, SQL).
2. Database design using the ER Model, ER Diagrams, UML Class Diagrams.
3. Relational database design and normalization. Integrity and Security.
4. Design and development of Web based information systems.
5. Overview of storage structures, indexing. query processing and optimization, and transaction processing.
6. A brief introduction to decision support and data analysis, data warehousing and data mining and Information Retrieval.
7. Querying Big Data using Hadoop.