1. Mr. Ashok Vinayak, Additional General Manager (Retd), Ordinance Factories Board relinquished a guest lecture on “CONFLICT MANAGEMENT” to students and faculty of all the branches. 20 faculty members and 250 students from all branches attended the program.
2. Conflict Management is a topic which pertains to every one as we often face conflict in day to day life. The salient points covered during the lecture are appended below:
1. Conflict could be Overt or Covert.
2. Overt conflict could be in form of Protest, disobedience, strikes etc.
3. Covert Conflict could be in the form of Non - Cooperation, Absenteeism, increased Union Activity, Go-slow etc.
Clash of Interest
1. This can lead to conflict like team leader and team working at cross purpose.
2. Team members feeling left out in the progress of organization.
1. Better communication can go a long way in resolving the conflicts.
3. Communication should be transparent, unambiguous& direct.
Resolution of Conflict situations
The following traits help in the resolution of conflict situations.
1. Open min
2. Informal Communication
3. Leaving out Egos
4. Forgive & target
5. Non –Vindictiveness
9. Absence of Anger
Good Leadership Qualities
He spotlighted the following leadership qualities & how they are beneficial in a avoiding as well as resolving conflict when it occurs.
1. Open to Suggestion
2. Quality Work
3. Nurture Relationship
4. Right Attitude
5. Leading from the front
6. Love your men
Overall the lecture was quite interactive and participative. Students asked queries which were satisfactorily answered by the speaker.